Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 1 - We are doing this!

Bye House. See you in a month or so.
<p>We are safely set up at Countryside Campground outside Akron, Ohio, with one day of travel under our belts. </p>
<p>We left only an hour behind schedule. Jim did the lionshare of the driving, but I did take a short turn on the Pennsylvania turnpike. It was fairly terrifying for the first few miles but got a little easier as I went.</p>
Pulling out of the driveway. 




On the road
Back of the truck


Conner trying to hear his movie. 

Happy to be on our way!



Maggie's room
<p>We rolled into the campsite around 4 and had the rig parked by about 6. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but it did take awhile to get it straightish and levelish. Following my uncle's advice (a very experienced rv-er) I drove while Jim directed me. I'm telling you, if you ever do this or ever have to park any kind of trailer, this is the way to do it. It too us awhile, but we didn't even once want to kill each other.

Some pictures of the inside of the trailer, now that it's all set up. 


Kate's "room"


The Pantry, full of food.


Kitchen



The campground is nice. Very very quiet. Lots of retired couples, not many kids.
Tomorrow is the rock n roll hall of fame and the Christmas Story house!!
(I'm writing this on the blogger app on my phone. Hope it works.)









1 comment: